Brochures are a popular format for sharing detailed information in a highly presentable way. They are usually colorful and folded, so they are an efficient format for providing information about your company, its products, and services.
Flyers are like brochures but without any folding.
To order “brochures” that require more than one piece of paper, please go to the catalogs section of this site.
- The most common order options are 11″ x 8.5″ before folding on 100# Gloss Text paper.
- Almost always, brochures are printed full color on both sides (4/4) and are coated AQ 2 sides. The most common folds are Tri-Folds, Z-Folds, and Half-Folds. Tri-Folds and Z-Folds give you 6 panels to display your information. Half-Folds give you 4 panels.
- The most common order options are 5.5″ x 8.5″ and 8.5″ x 11″ with no folding on 100# Gloss Text paper. Flyers are typically printed in full color on one or both sides (4/4, 4/0) and are coated AQ 2 sides. Flyers are flat (not folded).
Brochures are a classic marketing weapon for a reason. They are an efficient way of getting valuable marketing messages in both images and text directly into the hands of potential customers. Brochures allow customers to quickly get a feel for products or services, while also finding answers to many of their initial questions. Brochures are great to include in a sales kit or pass out in high-traffic areas.
Our standard sizes, listed below, are the most popular in the industry:
- 4″ x 10″
- 4.25″ x 11″
- 5.5″ x 8.5″
- 5.5″ x 17″
- 7″ x 8.5″
- 7.5″ x 8.5″
- 8″ x 9″
- 8″ x 10″
- 8.5″ x 11″
- 8.5″ x 14″
- 9″ x 8″
- 9″ x 12″
- 9″ x 16″
- 11″ x 8.5″
- 11″ x 17″
- 11″ x 25.5″
- 12″ x 18″
- 17″ x 22″
- Each size (above) indicates the size of the flat sheet, so the final size of your brochure will depend on folding options.
Any Trim Size
You can order custom sizes by using the “Any Trim Size (Edit Below)” option in the pricing calculator. First select the standard size option which is larger in both dimensions (height and width) than your desired custom size. In the “Any Trim Size (Edit Below)” box on the pricing calculator (shown below), type in your desired dimensions. Please remember if you are ordering “Any Trim Size” for a product that is folded, “Any Trim Size” dimensions are for the product before it is folded.
Be mindful of the custom trim when submitting a file to prevent any part of your design from being trimmed away. It’s extra important to look at a proof when ordering custom trim.
100# Linen Cover
- You may be familiar with this type of stock from business cards or notecards with a subtle, woven, fabric-like finish.
- This sturdy paper offers a unique non-glossy look enhanced with a subtle, woven linen finish.
70 # Linen Text
- This thinner linen option offers a unique non-glossy look enhanced with a subtle, woven linen finish. Unlike linen finish letterhead stocks, this linen finish digital stock is not watermarked.
100# Gloss Text
- You may be familiar with this type of stock from the covers of many popular magazines like People and Time.
- This paper strikes a balance between thickness and foldability, while the glossy finish on both sides gives your text a professional appearance.
100# Gloss Cover
- You may be familiar with this type of stock from standard business cards.
- Stiffer than 100# Gloss Text, this glossy finish cover stock offers sharp folds and a sturdy product for a very professional result. This stock is coated on both sides.
70# Uncoated Offset Smooth Text
- You may be familiar with this type of stock from business stationary or typical letterhead.
- This paper has a quality feel, folds easily, and is a good choice when you don’t want a slick and shiny finish.
14 Pt. Uncoated Cover
- You may be familiar with this type of stock from thick index cards, though the finish is much higher quality.
- This is a very versatile stock. The uncoated finish is good when you don’t want a slick and shiny look, while the firm 14 Pt. stock folds precisely.
14 Pt. Gloss Cover
- You may be familiar with this type of stock from presentation folders.
- This thick and stiff stock is coated on both sides with a glossy finish.
Full color on both sides of the sheet. This option can reproduce the range of colors you see in a typical photograph out of the standard 4 printing colors: cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. Typical examples of this are magazine covers and high-end catalogs.
Full color (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black as above) on the front and black on the back. A typical example of this is a flyer.
Full color (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black as above) on the front and no printing on the back. A typical example of this is a poster.
AQ 2 Sides
AQ is short for Aqueous Coating. This is a semi-gloss, environmentally friendly, water-based coating applied over the entire front and back of the printed piece. It provides additional gloss and protection, and it can be written on with a ballpoint pen.
Satin AQ 2 Sides
AQ is short for Aqueous Coating. This is a matte finish, environmentally friendly, water-based coating applied over the entire front and back of the printed piece. It reduces the gloss of the printing and it can be written on with a ballpoint pen.
UV 2 Sides
UV is short for Ultra Violet Light-Cured Coating. This is a high-gloss coating applied over the entire front and back of the printed piece. It is not recommended for products you need to write on after being printed.
Folding Options Include:
- Double Parallel Fold
- 4 Panel Roll Fold
- 4 Panel Accordion Fold
- 11×17 Fold to #10 Envelope
- Double Close Gate Fold
- Map Fold
- Quarter Fold
- Vertical Half Fold
Shrinkwrap and Rubber Bands
Shrinkwrap is a thin, plastic wrapping designed to group the items you order into desired quantities. Additionally, it helps your order arrive in tip-top condition because it reduces rubbing during shipping. It is called “shrinkwrap” because after the plastic is placed around each bundle, it is shrunk with gentle heat for a better fit.
Orders can also be grouped using rubber bands.
- 5 per package
- 10 per package
- 25 per package
- 30 per package
- 40 per package
- 50 per package
- 75 per package
- 100 per package
Please note that if your order quantity and the number of pieces per package will result in more than 200 individually shrinkwrapped packages, your order may require an additional 1-2 days for fulfillment.
For other quantities, please submit a custom estimate.
In order to ensure your files are print-ready, we recommend that you upload them in PDF format. When you generate a print-ready PDF, your computer will use the settings in Adobe Acrobat Distiller or any other PDF generating programs you may use. Please make sure that these are set properly before generating your PDF file.
If you are uploading PDF files created in Photoshop, please be sure all layers are flattened.
We also accept .JPG (JPEG), .EPS and .TIF (TIFF) file types, however PDF is the preferred format.
Check your file to make sure it meets our file creation guidelines. This will help speed up the production of your project and give your printed piece the best results.
- Use the CMYK colorspace (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK). These are industry standard printing colors. CMYK colors are different than RGB (Red, Green, Blue), which are used to display colors on your screen.
- Use a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for image files.
- Specify trim area with crop marks. (Don’t place crop marks inside the work area.)
- Artwork should have 1/8″ (0.125″) bleed extending past the trim line. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- Safe Area is the 1/8″ (0.125″) area inside the trim line. Do not put critical information or images within the Safe Area. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
- If you want printed borders, they must be placed a minimum of 1/8″ (0.125″) inside the trim line and include bleed. This is to prevent minor cutting variations from leaving unintended results at the trim edge.
Need a fast print quote? Call us at (949) 716-2364 or use the form below.